Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Hello! I am 25 and a Mom of 2 wonderful children, a boy and a girl. I have been happily married to my husband for 4 years. I am glad you are here and hope that you can be blessed and/or helped in some way by my blog.

Friday, February 4, 2011

The Lost Stuffed Animal...

Many of you parents out there I am sure can relate to this story...


Naptime: my daughter lays down in her bed with very little fuss (about 5 seconds of whining) and then is content. My son, however, will not go to sleep without his favorite stuffed animal (Curious George). He is whining and crying and will not stop unless we find him. I turn the house practically upside down and no such luck. I ask, "Where did you put him?" Son's reply, "In the toy box." But it's not in the toy box. I say many things to try to get him to take a nap without it: "Maybe he is hiding. We will find him when you wake up." "You must have lost him but when I find him I will bring him to you." "Later we are going to have lots of fun, but you have to take a nap first." This goes on and on. ha ha. Okay so then we resort to, "Stop crying, it is okay, you have Elmo, Winnie the Pooh, Mickey, Lion King, and Stripes (all of his other stuffed animals almost). You will be fine. We will find him later." Son still crying... Finally I go back to the living room and find the missing animal hiding behind the couch.  I take him the animal and he is a new boy and more than willing to lay down and take his nap!


Whew! The day is saved!


Just all in a day's work!


Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment